Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Still at home @ 24

Advice #3.  Middle Child?…BEWARE

From the description of my current income, one could infer that my living situation is a little f’ed up. You would be correct. I am living the unimaginable lifestyle, 24 years old, broke, sexually active and residing with my mom.  Actually, my bedroom is the same turquoise color I painted it in middle school.  

The Ongoing Battle

The level of resentment in this situation is rather low (on my  moms end); allow me to explain.  My mom did not pay for my college tuition and is not fronting my student loans; therefore, she has no financial resentment toward me.  I cook, clean and do laundry, therefore, no domestic resentment.  I have my own car, pay my own bills and do my best to come home before 2:00 am, therefore, no mental or anxious resentment.  So why am I the resentful one? Why do I always take my mom’s shit?  I borrow her dresses, shoes, purses, make-up, jewelry and even pajamas without asking.  I thieve her secret stashes of sugar-free gum, rice cakes and diet soda.  I often find myself eating her leftovers for dinner even though I am fully aware she is saving them for the following day’s lunch.  I will even take her last ten dollar bill even though I know she pays a toll on her way to work.  This is all built up anger of 24 years in the same home and 18 years of being…The Middle Child.

Middle child, why so miserable?

Shall I list the reasons?
  1. In June 2005, I shared my high school graduation party with my older sister’s college graduation.
  2. August 1992, my little brother was born and I was no longer the baby of the family.
  3. Christmas 2006,  my older sister got a $300 GPS running watch and I got socks.

Middle Child Syndrome or (MCS) does exist, and the above are just mere examples of the hell I have lived through.  The middle children around the world, we did not simply bring this disease on ourselves, it is a curse.  The middle child in each family is neglected and abused.  I know what you are thinking, “If it is such torture why don’t you just move out?”  Well, Reader…why don’t you just BITE ME J

1 comment:

  1. gotta love when people say why dont you just move out?...like there's no such thing as rent. you're not the only one suffering at home...

    Carla

    ReplyDelete