Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Beginning of Adulthood

Advice # 1 Being an adult SUCKS.
            When I was a teenager I craved independence.  All I wanted to do was move out, make money, get married and start a family.  Ten years later, I still live at home; have a negative balance on my checking account and no baby in sight.  Oh, how ironic. 
            Adulthood started September 21, 2005 when I moved to Philadelphia and started college.  Adulthood can be defined as, “freedom to drink and eat whatever I please”.  Adulthood was fabulous; I made friends, kissed boys, drank booze and ate A LOT of pizza. I spent $700 a month to live in an apartment with cockroaches and fight with room mates.  A Bachelor’s Degree, 20 pounds and four years later, college was over. 
“No Jobs for Drexel Students”
            This was published in the Philadelphia Inquirer two weeks before my pomp and circumstance. We were jobless and each student was about $50,000 in debt.  If the engineering students were shit out of luck, imagine what a Sport Management Degree was worth…absolutely nothing!  At this point I could make a list of the top 1000 reasons why adulthood sucked.  I moved back home to Suburbia, PA.  The job search was impossible; my degree sucked and gas was almost four dollars a gallon.
What is a college grad to do?
  1. Nothing, live off your rich parents.  ( Most popular option)
  2. Keep the job search going and fall into a major depression. (Eating and drinking your sorrows away until you are too fat and lazy to be loved)        
  3. Avoid student loan collectors by fleeing the country (Illegal and also dangerous, but a good option)
  4. Take whatever job and whatever price you can (The hard way)
After weighing my options I realized, my mom was broke, I wasn’t craving any cocktails and Citibank already had my cell phone number.  Miss Responsible took option four. 

2 comments:

  1. I don't normally go for the pink and orange, but you're kind of a babe so I'll allow it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...feek you're kinda hilarious.

    Signed,
    The Baby

    ReplyDelete