Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Falling In Love

Advice #5 Chances are you will find love when you’re not looking.

Love
I have enjoyed my fair share of up and down relationships.  I am not calling myself a relationship guru but I have had some pretty good and devastatingly awful experiences.  This tale begins at a smelly dive bar located in Suburbia, PA.

Team Try’na Hook-up
Team Try’na Hook-up was established in 2007 when my friends and I decided to explore this creative nickname in order to make going out and trying to talk to guys sound fun.  Team Try’na Hook-up is made up of six of my girlfriends.  Each of us obviously enjoys hooking-up (who doesn’t) but by Team Try’na Hook-up we really mean Team Try’na “find a nice guy who is educated, has a stable job, a nice family and treats a girl right” another word for, if you seem interested in me there is NO CHANCE IN HELL I am going to hook up with you on the first night.  (This is just another game played women in our 20’s to get free drinks and your hopes up.)
Anyway…on a typical TTH-U night I headed out in cute jeans, back tank top (with my bra appropriately stuffed with 2 pairs of socks) and cute heels.  I believe this look was showing “I am cute and sexy but you’re probably not getting into my pants tonight” and I was correct. 

The Bar
Just as I finished beer number two and looked toward my cheap-ass girlfriend whose turn it was to buy a round, I saw this guy approaching out of the corner of my eye.  There he was, too tall, too pale, too skinny, shaved head, Timberland boot wearing man walking over with two Millerlite's.  I know it sounds presumptuous but I knew that second beer was for me.   So I accepted the beer, introduced myself, chatted long enough to find out his profession (Cop), I watched his buddies try to flirt with my friends, and then I played every guy’s favorite game…I ignored him. 

Test #1 for the Cop
The ignore him game is test number one.  As a female you must consider how hard he is willing to work to talk to you.  I made it clear that I was not going to hook-up with him but if he played his cards right, he would get my digits.  So I talked to other guys while drinking the beer the he bought me I realized that I had to pee!   In the line for the bathroom, the Cop made his move.  A new bar and a lot of beers later (obviously a real man will invest in my girlfriend as well) I gave the Cop my digits.  I am so glad I did. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. 'Tests' from cosmo. We know every one of them. Let me guess, you also tried to set him up with one of your friends that you insisted really likes him a lot?

    ReplyDelete